Memorial Day Safety Tips!
Memorial Day – The official unofficial kickoff weekend for “pretty much almost might as well be summer”! If you are planning to travel, barbecue or spend a weekend in the sun, here are a few simple tips that will help you keep safe this Memorial Day.
- Use sunscreen and reapply as needed
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Wear a hat and sunglasses
- Prepare your car by checking tire pressure, fill your tank, and make sure you are equipped with emergency essentials
- Choose direct routes on safe roads
- Always wear seatbelts
- Don’t drink and drive!
- Never leave a lit or hot grill left unattended- especially if there are children around!
- Control flames and position grill away from structures, trees, and high traffic walkways
- Have a extinguisher ready
- Wash your hands when handling food
- Keep hot food heated until served
- Keep cold food on ice or refrigerated
- Cover all dishes to keep insects away