Safety Quiz – What do you know about record keeping?
What do you know about record keeping? We have a little quiz here for you to test yourself.
For those of you who like to do things online, we have a link to a new online version of our weekly test. Let us know how you like it! Online Quiz.
1. The OSHA 300 Recordkeeping Logs must be prepared by the end of January for the previous year. One of the series of three logs (300A) will contain generic statistical information on any recordable occupational injury/illness and is to be posted in a place where all employees can easily see it. Between which of the following dates must this log be posted?
D. February 1 through April 30.
2. You should keep a copy of the OSHA 300 logs on file. How long are you required to keep them?
D. At least 5 years.
3. You own a construction company with 75 employees and are located in Texas. Do you have to file your OSHA 300A log electronically?
4. You know that you should have a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) on file for every chemical you have on site, according to the Hazard Communication Standard. How long do you have to keep them or similar representative information about the chemicals on file?
D. At least 50 years.
5. You have done a good job making sure your employees receive safety training. You make them sign in when they attend training sessions and have kept those sign-in sheets on file. How long should you keep them?
D. At least 5 years.
6. One of your employees slipped over a char in the office while at work and broke their wrist. They had to go to the doctor to get it set and had to take some time off work. Does this count as first aid? Does this need to be recorded on the OSHA 300 log?
D. We can’t tell. We need more information.
Need a refresher on OSHA 300 logs and filing electronically? Here’s a link to the OSHA webpage: Find it here
If you’d like to learn more about OSHA record keeping, take our course at Hazmatschool.com for only $25! Here’s a link to sign up: OSHA Recordkeeping.
Take a class on filing OSHA 300 Logs and Recordkeeping at Hazmatschool.com. $25.See it here!
The 2020 Calendar of classes is now on the SCM Website. Start with this link and scroll forward to find the training you need.
2/28/20: 8 hour HAZWOPER Refresher.$179. Register here.
You can register online through the links provided, or call our office at 925-362-2265.
SALE!! Use the promo code HMS2020 to get
Use the promo code HazWaste15 to get a discount on all DOT/HazardousWaste courses!