Think you have what it takes to be a member of the Safety Compliance Management team located in San Ramon, Ca?
We’re always looking for qualified candidates to join our team! Contact us today to find out how you can become a member of Safety Compliance Management. We currently have a few open positions we are looking to fill in San Ramon, Ca.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Dave Mills, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Health and Safety Consultant/Trainer
Provide consulting to organizations throughout the Bay Area and beyond in issues related to safe construction practices, regulations, and guidelines. This includes but is not limited to providing consulting services in areas such as Confined Space, Excavation, Industrial Trucks, CPR, First Aid, Fall Protection, Scaffold, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, and LOTO.
Occasionally assist with training and consulting in other topics related to occupational safety and health, as necessary.
Deliver engaging training on a variety of construction and safety-related topics to employees at client sites at all levels within the client organizations. Assist in the development of training materials.
Works out of a central office but is in the field the majority of the time servicing clients. The majority of travel is within the greater San Francisco Bay Area, with some travel to the rest of California and occasionally outside of California. When not otherwise assigned to field-work, works in the central office on assigned projects.
Work hours vary depending upon client needs, although most work is within the normal work-week. Responds to internal (SCM) and external (client) communications in a timely fashion, including during non-business hours, as needed.
Reports to General Manager. Often works alone in the field but occasionally works with other service providers to deliver services to clients. But always works as part of a greater team of service providers and admin/logistical support providers to deliver high-quality service.
Safety Compliance Management, Inc. (SCM) is a family-owned business that has been the premier provider of occupational health and safety consulting and training services in a variety of industries since 1991. We hold ourselves to high standards and are always looking for ways to improve our ability to provide the highest quality services to our clients. We believe our role is to support our clients in doing what they do, and we do that by knowing our stuff, being professional, and caring about doing the right thing. We tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear, and we insist on being able to back up what we say with evidence.
However, we live by the mantra that we take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves seriously. We have fun doing what we do. We are a true team and we care for one another. Our people are what make us great so we do what we can to support them.
SCM values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about bringing value to the organizations they work with. They are able to deal with ambiguous situations and identify what is required of them to meet project goals. They are very knowledgeable in hazardous materials/waste compliance and how to deliver effective training but are continually driven to learn and improve themselves. They are ethical, responsible, and take ownership of the projects they are assigned to. They are organized and detail-oriented. They are skilled in communicating with a variety of audiences.
Desired, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes
- Bi-lingual/Spanish speaker preferred.
- Ability to self-start in ambiguous situations
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Knowledge of Cal/OSHA and other applicable regulations
- Ability to deliver engaging, effective training to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of human performance and systems thinking principles
- Ability to do research to support their recommendations and conclusions
- Ability to understand and prioritizes client needs
- Ability to develop timely responses to client and internal requests, even during off-hours, as needed
- Ability to adjust the project plan as needed to changing conditions/client needs
- Ability to use technology (computer, email, Microsoft office) as needed
- Is appropriately organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Dresses and acts professionally based upon the context they are in
- Ability to read situations and adjust the approach
- Ability to use good professional and ethical judgment
- Manages time appropriately
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work
- Is driven to succeed/ambitious
- Minimum five years demonstrated, verifiable experience in a role with direct responsibility for construction safety compliance
- Minimum five years demonstrated, verifiable experience developing and delivering training on construction and construction safety-related topics
- Competitive salary based on the types of services the candidate can provide to our clients
- Employee bonus program
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Vacation and sick time
- Employer matching retirement plan
- Paid mileage for travel (or other travel costs, as appropriate)
- Paid continuing education and professional memberships
- A relocation package IS NOT available for this position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year